Guided Self Drive Safaris & Tours
Our guided self-drive tours consist of a series of exclusive, expedition-like tour programs showing Namibia far off the beaten track, most of the time the tour takes place in uninhabited areas of Namibia far away from any civilization. On our adventurous trails, participants drive fully equipped 4x4 self-drive vehicles. These tours are offered to families, groups, incentives and individuals with one professional driver guide escorting up to 6 vehicles, ensuring small and personalized tours. All vehicles are equipped with a two-way radio to ensure smooth and safe communication between the members of the group and the guide who leads the expedition.
Contact us to design the best Namibian Safari you will experience, taking you to the right places, at the right time!
Unbounded Namibia has the vision of conducting guided self-drive travels to the most remote areas of Namibia. Our objective is to involve everyone in the ecological, historical, cultural and ornithological elements of the areas we visit.
Self Drive Safaris
Depending on the destination, adventure tourism activities are integrated into the tour and include walking trails, photography, game tracking, bird watching, fishing, scuba diving and boating excursions. The tour dynamics allow you and your family to enjoy the trip from the privacy of your own vehicle, while ensuring your safety and comfort in the camaraderie of group participation.
All vehicles are issued with hand-held radios to facilitate communication between participants and expeditions are fully catered by a professional chef.
- Size of groups vary between 4 and 10 vehicles, depending on the type of trip and destination
- Safe fun and adventure for the whole family and children are very welcome.
- All participating vehicles are issued with two-way radio communications.
A variety of exciting adventure and leisure activities are included such as boat trips, fishing, snorkelling, guided walks, birding and dugout canoe trips. Wherever possible and safe, we encourage our guests to participate in available adventure activities such as scenic flights, white water rafting, dune boarding and quad biking as optional activities (not included in the tour price).
- Three wholesome meals a day are prepared by a qualified bush chef.
- Menus are varied to include braais, potjies, pasta dishes, and more.
- Fresh salads and/or vegetables are served with dinner.
- Breakfasts on travel days will consist of hot porridge and cereals and, where possible, will include fried breakfasts.
- Lunches are always served on the road to include sandwiches, wraps, salads, etc.
- Tea and coffee is available mornings and evenings.
- Ice is supplied in the evenings only for drinks.
- We supply all catering equipment, cook the food and wash the dishes.
- Rustic tented camps or lodge en suite accommodation depending on the trip.
- On camping trips we supply, erect and transport 2,5 x 2,5m x 1.8m high dome tents with built-in ground sheets.
- Houseboat cabins on certain trips.
Safety and Liability
- Although we travel to very remote areas, we go to great lengths to have communication at all times, including satellite telephones.
- Our guides are all qualified with First Aid and carry basic First Aid kits.
- Should you experience any difficulty, the Unbounded Namibia crew do have the "know how" and recovery equipment to assist with most problems.
- All participants will be required to sign an indemnity form.
- Unbounded Namibia has a zero tolerance policy towards disrespect for safety, the environment, fellow travellers and the communities of the places we visit.
Unbounded Namibia prides itself on the quality of its guides, logistics and catering staff. Guides comfortably and willingly share their wealth of ecological, historical, ornithological knowledge with all ages.
The Richtersveld is a unique mountain desert wilderness of great beauty, tucked in the far north-western corner of the Northern Cape in South Africa.
Hidden Gems of Namibia
With years of experience on the river as a guide and operator, we are proud to present to you this new, fresh river company, whose ultimate aim is to give you an unforgettable outdoor river rafting experience.
14 Day Northern Namibia
14 Day Southern Namibia
16 Day Desert & Bush